We have been waiting for several hours, but the weather forecast has not been completely accurate. The wind has not stopped blowing thoughout the day and it has not died down as much as we had hoped in the evening/night.

Having studied the situation we have decided to take the most logical decision. We can’t take any risks in these conditions and common sense has told us that we have to pack up camp 4 and head back to camp 2 and wait for a second opportunity, weather permitting.

Everyone is OK – the four members of the expedition and the sherpas. It has been a tough day and we are setting off for camp 2 now. There we will wait for instructions from Vitor to see if the weather conditions will be ideal for reaching the summmit. We could be talking of the 24th or 25th of May.

We will keep you posted.

.